• Printed Paper Kites: Senior Exhibition (May 2016) • USM Advanced Printmaking final project of hand-printed flat and tetrahedral kite constructions • Robie-Andrews Hall • Gorham, ME
• “Pulped Fiction: Stories in Paper” (Sep-Nov 2015) • An exhibition of artist’s books and paper sculpture • Pope-Cheney Studio, Wishcamper Center • Portland, ME
• Mo*Con VI Convention Artist Guest of Honor (2011) • Indianapolis, IN
• Context Convention Publisher Guest of Honor & Print Show (2010) • Columbus, OH
• Faces & Figures (Feb 2017) • River Arts • Damariscotta, ME
• USM Juried Student Exhibition (2016) • USM Art Gallery • Gorham, ME
• USM Juried Student Exhibition (2015) • USM Art Gallery • Gorham, ME • *Winner “Best in Show” for Jelly Artist’s Book*
• NeCon Convention (2011) • Portsmouth, RI
• Dear Diary: The Autobiographical Comic Book • ATHICA • Athens, GA • [ Exhibit Page ]
• USM Student Show for NASAD Certification (April 2016) • Several ceramic and print works chosen for display as examples of student work • University of Southern Maine Art Department • Gorham, ME
• Print Power! vol. 2 (2015-2016) • 8 prints included in travelling exhibition of 56 propaganda posters by students from 6 institutions • Displayed at Museum of Fine Art William Moris Hunt Memorial Library, Boston, MA; Level One Gallery, O’Neill Library, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA; W. Van Allen Clark Jr. Library, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA; Ortiz Atrium, Southern Maine Community College, Portland, ME ; Robie-Andrews Hall, University of Southern Maine, Gorham, ME • [ Exhibit Page ]
• Summer Book Arts Exhibition 2015 • Glickman Family Library • University of Southern Maine • Portland, ME
• Bound Together II: USM Book Arts (2015) • Portland Public Library • Portland, ME
• Christmas Bazaar (Dec. 2014) • The HIVE Gallery • York, Pennsylvania
• Summer: Book Arts at Stone House Exhibition 2014 • Glickman Family Library • University of Southern Maine • Portland, ME
• Illustrated (July 2014) • Philosophy Collective • York, Pennsylvania
• The Great Big Bug Show II (May 2014) • Philosophy Collective • York, Pennsylvania
• 3D Constructions (April 2014) • USM Student Show • University of Southern Maine • Gorham, ME
• Bound Together: USM Book Arts (2014) • Portland Public Library • Portland, ME
• USM Book Arts (2013-2014) • Wischamper Center, University of Southern Maine • Portland, ME
• The Great Big Bug Show (2013) • Philosophy Collective • York, Pennsylvania
• Summer: Book Arts at Stone House Exhibition 2013 • Glickman Family Library • University of Southern Maine • Portland, ME
• Altering Matters: New Work by Maine Members of the Surface Design Association (Sep-Nov 2010) • Atrium Art Gallery • University of Southern Maine, Lewiston-Auburn • Lewiston, ME • [ Exhibit Page ]
• Reversing Vandalism: Destroyed Books Transformed into Art (Jan.-May 2004) • San Francisco Public Library • San Francisco, CA • [ Exhibit Page ]
Selected Publishing Credits
(Detailed Publishing Credits)
- Daddy Donnie by Danny Evarts
Top Shelf/ Baby Rhino Press
Mini-comic. Writing and artwork.
- Glyphs: A Pictorial Alphabet by Danny Evarts
Baby Rhino Press
Picture book of a stylized alphabet and number series. Created, drawn, and hand-bound.
- It’s Okay to be a Zombie by Nathaniel Lambert & Danny Evarts
Illustrated UnChildren’s Book. Co-creator, illustrator, designer.
- Peckinpah:An Ultraviolent Romance by D. Harlan Wilson
Shroud Publishing. Released 2013 by Raw Dog Screaming Press with additional illustrations.
Novella. Interior Relief Print Illustrations, Design, Layout, and editing.
- The Scandalous Misadventures of Hiram Grange A 5-part series by Various Authors
Series design, layout,editing, and multiple individualized interior illustrations.
- Shoebox Train Wreck by John Mantooth
Novel. Illustration and Design.
- Shroud Magazine
Quarterly Journal of Dark Fiction and Art. Design, Layout and Illustrations for issues 5-13 and up.
- Maine College of Art Joanne Wexman Library • Portland, ME • Multiple Books held in their permanent collection.
- Runner-Up for Emerging Paper Engineer Prize • 2016 Movable Book Society & Ticknor Society Biennial Award • “Ghost Reef” Artist’s Book
- 2016 • USM Art Department Discipline Awards for Printmaking and Art History
- Best in Show • 2015 USM Juried Student Exhibition • University of Southern Maine, Gorham, ME • “Jelly” Artist’s Book
- 2012 • Grant to be a Guest Teacher of Printmaking and Illustration at Seton Catholic Central High School, Binghamton, NY
- 2011 • Artist Guest of Honor • Mo*Con VI Convention • Indianapolis, IN
- 1988-1992 • Higher education scholarships in theater and writing.
- 1987 • Scholarship to study abroad in Sweden for journalistic and fiction writing.
- 1987 • Student Journalism Award for Global Issues and Scholarship to attend National Convention in Portland, OR.
- 1986 • Oregon Representative to 4-H National Youth Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C.
Selected Education & Workshops
- 2016 • Graduated summa cum laude from University of Southern Maine with a BA in Fine Arts: Printmaking Concentration, and minors in Book Arts, Art History, and Philosophy.
- 2016 • ibook Creation Workshop presented by Apple • Portland, ME
- 2015 • USM Summer Book Arts • Portland, ME
- 2013-2016 • Studies at University of Southern Maine in Printmaking, Book Arts, Art History, and Philosophy.
- 2014 • Summer Book Arts at Stonehouse • Freeport, ME
- 2013 • Summer Book Arts at Stonehouse • Freeport, ME
- 2003 • MacWorld CreativePro Conference & Expo • New York, NY • Digital Video Editing Workshops
- 2002 • MacWorld Expo • New York, NY • Adobe Flash and Web Design Workshops
- 1988-1992 • University of Oregon, et al. • Studies in English, Theatre, Journalism, Scandinavian Studies, and Dance.
- 1986 • Trained by Apple Computer and Adobe in digital design and layout, in exchange for teaching others.
Selected Teaching Experience & Lectures
- 2016 • Single Sheet Bookmaking and Pop-Up Workshop • YMCA Art Camp (Ages 6-12) • Portland, ME
- 2016 • Water-based (Acrylic) Image Transfer Methods Workshop • University of Southern Maine • Gorham, ME
- 2015 • Single Sheet Bookmaking for older adults • Sunnybrook Village Assisted Living Facility • Brunswick, ME
- 2013 • Hand-stitched bookbinding Workshop for Authors • Anthology Convention • Portsmouth, NH
- 2012 • 3-day Relief Printmaking and Illustration Workshop accompanied by lectures on the history of print and book illustration • Seton Catholic Central High School • Binghamton, NY
- 2011 • Potato print printmaking workshop • M0*Con VI Convention • Indianapolis, IN
- 2005 • Adult Computer Education classes, focusing on the Mac OS X operating system • Woolwich, ME
- 1992 • Teacher’s Assistant for Middle School Maths • Eugene, OR
- Wolf Pond Creative Campus • 1997-present • Co-owner • Software development and Creative Design
- Baby Rhino Press (Small Press Publisher) • 1992-present • Founder and publisher
- ChiZine Publications • 2011-2014 • Staff Designer
- Shroud Publishing • 2008-2014 • Art Director and Technical Editor
- Anthology Annual Speculative Fiction and Art Convention • Co-founder • Organizer and Juried Art Exhibit Curator, 2011-2013
- New England Horror Writers • 2011-12 • Board of Directors, Artistic Director
- Trip Records • 1995-2005 • Sr. V.P. of Manufacturing and Design
- 1986-1994 • Design, editing, layout, photography for newspapers, magazines, publications. In Klamath Falls, OR; Karlshamn and Karlskrona, Sweden; Eugene, OR.
- 1986-1992 • Theater design, lighting, costumes, set design, writing, producing, directing, acting. In Klamath Falls, OR; Newport, CA; Costa Mesa, CA; Eugene, OR; Springfield, OR, et al.